Tuesday, March 25, 2008

To Whine, Or, Not To Whine?

I have been trying not to be "Debbie Downer" this past week, but can I just say, it's not working out. Moving Sucks! Moving from a large house to a smaller house sucks! Moving to a house that you don't want to live in sucks! Making 4 trips with the U-haul sucks! I could seriously go on forever. Especially with all the details of everything that has gone wrong with the house and with the move. I think that today was the day that I seriously decided that literal death would me much more humane. The straw that broke my sane gene was when I was cleaning out the fridge and the hose under the sink decided to detach and spray massive amounts of water under the sink and all over the floor. Lovely. Now I am sitting in my clutter filled. white trash. junk spewed all over the backyard. busting at the seams rental house- trying to get a better attitude. Not going so well, is it?

On the brighter side......... my next post will be yet again-new house stuff. I finally have a concrete pad that we all went and wrote our names in last night. We marveled at how fantastic our view really is and that the fact that we are building a house is starting to seem real. Today they did the areas of my house that used a concrete stamp. The front porch area, my courtyard, and the back patio all look like cobblestone. It turned out really cool. We are going to add some more areas in the backyard once we decide on the plan for the landscaping and the pool. I am really getting excited especially with the tile that I picked out for the bathrooms. Loverly!!!! This house will be totally a reflection of my personality and it is pretty exciting. I say "my" personality excluding Nate, because he really hasn't wanted to have anything to do with any of the details. His opinions are more vocal on the structural and the landscaping elements of the house. All the fluff is up to me.

If I could find my darn camera cord I could just upload the pictures right now, but as per the above statements that's just not going to happen right now. :)

As I went back to the house today alone for a final load of miscellaneous junk, I said my good bye's. I have been waiting to see if I would have this moment over my house or not and I guess I finally did. I was going around closing everything up and checking closest one last time and I started to get a bit emotional. This was our 1st home and 2 of our children were born while we were living there. This is also the home I got to find my decorating style in. The back yard was all our hard work and I layed every brick in it's place and planted every tree and bush and built the swing set. We have so many good memories at that home and it was a good home to us. We are moving on to a new home and new memories, but I felt the need to say good bye and thanks to the old one. Was it my exhaustion talking, not sure, but I loved my home.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Whine, I would totally whine. Moving is so horrible, no matter the circumstances. NO fun at all. I kept thinking about you and how long you've been in that big house and how much stuff you've been able to accumulate there and just wanted to cry thinking about the amount of boxes you must be packing. You have every right to whine. It seems crazy to me that you won't be living in "your" house when we come visit, how will it possibly be the same? Can't wait to see the progress on your new place.