As I sit here reminiscing how far I've come in the past 3 weeks, I am trying with all my might to flex and curl my toes. If you look real close you might be able to tell that I am trying. :) Go ahead, wiggle your toes...feels good doesn't it? :) Baby steps. So, as I mentioned earlier, I spent the first week entirely in my room. Week 2 90% of the time in my room. Mostly because of the stair factor and when I did venture downstairs I realized what was going undone and it was easier to just hide. I had lots of company as you can see by my lovely picture. Jordyn would sit next to me playing on my favorite electronic toy and Ethan would just come in and give me hugs and ask what he could get for me. Those lovely little beasts on my feet are my post-op shoes that I am still exclusively wearing to this day.

We have been adopted in to our friends Christmas Eve tradition of fondu. I was sitting on the couch with my feet propped on a chair for this entire event. I did get to put make-up on for the first time in a week, so that felt good. I think I've explained how fondu night works before, but incase not.... You go around and around the table until there is only one person left standing and that person wins. You get prizes for the messiest, the cleanest and the last one standing. Usually there is a threat of vomiting. Good times.

Jordy came to visit me on the couch and keep me company. She was pretty much stuck to me like glue during the entire winter break. She would come into my room first thing in the morning and just hang out with me for at least an hour and then visit me several time throughout the day. She really wanted to make sure that I was taken care of. Sweet girl.

So, this was a vacation of watching every single Christmas movie that came on tv along with many black and white movies. I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for 2 of my friends checking in on my family, offering rides, and bringing us dinner. True angels and life savers! It will be interesting to see what the kids remember most about this winter break a few years from now.
1 comment:
Ugh! What a way to spend Christmas. Actually, I always look for good excuses to be in bed for more than a few days in a row. And endless movies? What could be better than that? Oh, endless movies, good food AND good drugs. I'm not sure how much pity I'm feeling for you yet, Heath. Wait, just let me look at those pictures of your feet again and I'll change my tune. Eeeek.
Post a Comment