I think this was Jared's 1st court of honor. I know it was the first time he has received any awards as a scout. They haven't had one in at least a year but are hoping to do them more often in the future. Court of honor as near as I can tell is essentially pack meeting for the older kids with more formality. Jared got to lead everyone in the scout oath and he received 4 merit badges that he earned at camp this year and he received his tenderfoot and his 2nd class. He had one thing left to do for his 1st class which was completed by this night but he needs his board of review to receive it. I am already stressed about an Eagle project. Which is of course why for every award your child receives, the Mom gets a pin as well. Jared put the 2 pins on so they would connect which you can see in the picture. It is great having Dad in there too. Nate is over the 11 year olds. Jared got to spend his entire first year with Dad and then he moved on to some great leaders over the 12 year olds...which probably have some sort of name?? I don't know. I just show up where I'm supposed to and look through his book to see if there are things he can be working on. :0) Parents don't get to sign off anything anymore once they hit scouts like you can when they are in cub scouts. We had a fun night and I got to embarrass Jared pretty good by giving him a big 'ole kiss in front of everyone. The crowd loved it but he turned about 5 shades of red! Then there was a bit of a competition and one of the other moms dipped her kid and then kissed him. haha :0) You gotta kiss and love them while you can!


1 comment:
This is probably my number one reason (there's not many) why I'm NOT excited about having boys. I'm seriously impressed that you've avoided all the scout callings for as long as you have. It terrifies me. All the badges and animal names and then the (shudder) eagle project. Oh my. I'm doomed. :-)
Post a Comment