Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Is there light at the end of the tunnel???

Every time I sit at the computer to write on my blog I end up walking away. My attitude has been dripping with a dooms day mentality and so I decided to spare everyone. I am trying to keep from this becoming my sorrow and heartache blog. So, here I am finally with a spark of hope that everything is going to turn out alright in the end. Moving day is the 15th---movers are coming---house is getting packed---stuff getting put in the new house----builder knows this---these are today's pictures----does anyone have some Prozac, maybe something stronger?! Anyway, me and my spark of hope have 10 days left on the "bliss" filled roller coaster ride. So, focusing on only the positive from here on out... This is my walkway up to the house. It is stamped concrete that will be stained and it has a pony wall on each side of it that will have a lantern and potted plant on each side. You can see 2 blue tubes sticking up out of the ground where the lanterns will be.
Here is the kitchen. It turned out lovely with a few minor things that I am sure I will get over with time. OOPS--that was still positive, wasn't it?! :) It really is lovely and the range will have venetian plaster and tile on it and the whole wall under it will be tile. My pendant lights over the island were being hung today, so they aren't in the picture yet and my beautiful walnut floors are covered in this picture.
This is my pantry. There is a place for a fridge on the left there and there will be granite on the counter top in there. The ultimate in saddle bag indulgence right there!
The front door is getting closer to being installed. It is hanging out in the living room waiting to be installed. It is a beautiful door.

The pool as undergone the least amount of change over the past several weeks. It now has tile around it and there will be cool pool decking where the wire is and they still need to plaster and fill the pool and set the equipment. We'll I'm off to get a much need massage so that I can rest up for the rest of the packing I have to get done.

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Everything looks amazing! I am so, so, SO excited that you have a date set to move and not too far away, either! :-) Wish I could be there to help...or at least come sit with you while you moan and complain and down some caffeine. I could bring some anti-depressants, I've got lots! Love ya, Heath! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just know it.