Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Little Rookie


E has been dying to play a sport and I have been putting it off simply because, I'm lazy. The older 2 are so busy that it was just one more person to work into the taxi service schedule. He has been wanting to play soccer, but when brother signed up for fall ball, E decided he wanted to sign up too. He looks like such a little baseball stud on the field. In rookies you get the pitching machine so he usually gets a hit every time he is up to bat. He has also made it home a couple of times. The whole catching of the ball and then what to do with it is still a bit hazy for him, but he'll get it. He is on a team with a bunch of hardcore parents that have all the gear for their kids and are constantly giving advice from the stands and I'm pretty sure they are waiting for someone to draft their kids at any moment into the majors. It's not like I don't say "go Ethan" or "you got this" but the other parents take things very seriously. I thought J's team was intense, but at least they are quite a bit older than 7! Life's short, can't we have some fun for awhile before we start beating these kids up. Geesh! You would think that after all the games that I've been to I would know some stuff, but no. I am such an airhead when it comes to sports and knowing what the heck is going on. E claims that he loves baseball and will never stop playing it.......guess I better start getting into this game. :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Alas, this year I am also joining the ranks of "taxi service". Noah is starting soccer this week, but he DOES NOT want to do it. He tells me he doesn't want to do ANY sports. Well, you'll have to tell me how you got Jared finally interested because I think we may be in the same boat. Hopefully once he gets out there he'll decide it's not so bad. :-)

Shayla said...

How cute is he? All serious and ready to play. Looks like a true baseball player if I've ever seen one.