Monday, April 18, 2011

Betty? Martha? Just Sunday.

Posted by Picasa
We take our Sunday dinner pretty seriously at our house. We adhere pretty strictly to tradition, breakfast for dinner. There are a few exceptions to that rule, for instance, Easter. We would also mix things up a bit when my SIL lived here. She got tired of breakfast so we would do some other yummy things so she would bring her cute kids over to see us. ;) Since we no longer have family in town to feed on Sunday we have friends come over. I am however getting more creative on the breakfast items. I have recently discovered a love for pannekoeken and I have some awesome pancake mixes that I get from one of my favorite online pantry stores. This week we were trying out homemade donuts. They are baked and not fried, how cool is that? The batter is the consistency of cake batter, so there is no rolling and cutting involved, which means little mess! We also have to have orange milkshake (which is very similar to the kind you get in the food court at the mall) every Sunday. I guess this particular week we wanted to see if it was possible to die of sugar overload because MJ also decided to make cupcakes for dessert. I am happy to report that we are all still alive!
Next week, Easter dinner, then back to tradition. I'm thinkin... sopapillas with honey butter.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

NOW you pull out the donuts?!? I'm fairly certain that would have been the deal breaker for us, Heath. Pretty sure we wouldn't have moved if I'd known donuts were an option every Sunday. :-)