Friday, October 16, 2015

Balloon Fiesta & JoJo Visit

There will be a little skipping around as I try and get all caught up. It's basically whatever I feel like talking about next is what order things will end up in :)

It's been awhile since my friend, Jo, has come to visit from AZ with her 7 kids. I was so thrilled when she asked if she could come for balloon fiesta....hmmm...let me think about it.....YES! I really love when some comes to visit and I love those kids. We've got a pretty good system down for controlling the madness and we always have a great time!

The first picture is all of us that went to the balloon park. It was Jo's family and another Jeremy's family. As the fiesta goes, the special shapes event got cancelled because of the weather. It seriously happens almost every year. It was crazy in the parking lot when we decided to leave so we just hung out by the cars and watched the fireworks and waited for things to calm down before we left. It was a really great firework show so we didn't mind hanging out- embrace the madness is our new motto.
Despite no balloons being inflated we managed to have a nice time hanging out in the park with no electronic devices. We played together and talked to each other - what a concept! Nate was the jungle gym and resident goof ball.
We got to see lots of star wars people from the darth vadar balloon and take picture with all of them. I picked on to put on here. Nate took his first selfie while wearing Josh's super cool camo hat. I actually captured a nice picture of Josh smiling which is always a fun game for me.
It was Jo's birthday so we - of course- had to celebrate! Jo had told me that Sophie had randomly asked her one day if she could make a "Heather cake." When she told me this I knew what kind of birthday cake we had to make. I've made it several times now and it's my go to - a nutella strawberry cake. It's seriously devine. 
Jo was the very first recipient of the quilt craze I've been on (that's a post coming up). She mentioned on 1 of the 10 pictures I had posted on fb about my quilts that she her favorite colors were gray and purple in case I wanted to know to make her one. Well, she was coming so of course I was going to make her one. 

We spent a lot of our time going and eating our favorite foods together and cooking. We also played a lot of dice and ate junk food. Ethan was the favorite amongst the littles - especially Ben. They were inseparable. One day Sam just randomly came up to me and gave me 2 of the biggest longest hugs. Talk about melting your heart! Josh and Jared were reunited and it's always great to see those 2 together. Jo also had to document the crazy thing that happened to me concerning chicken on the bone. The thing is, I was skeeved out by it for as long as I can remember and then one day it's like a switch flipped and I can't get enough. It is my go to comfort food now. She thought I had lost my mind and was completely amused.

It was sad that the trip was over so fast. By the last morning the balloons made it over our way to fly over my house. It's like the balloons came to say goodbye. Isn't it amazing how some people just become family? They just become adopted in and the bond can be just as strong -if not stronger- than blood. There have only been 3 families to make that kind of bond with us, so it's pretty special. 

No comments: