Ok, here is one of the unfinished posts sitting in my drafts. I couldn't bring myself to just hit delete. Although I don't really have much to say. It's been really weird trying to get to write these days. My computer was broken for quite awhile because I had too many pictures on it - imagine that! Well, Nate finally removed them all onto an external hard drive, but that wasn't the end of my problems. My computer hadn't updated in years and that was a mess and now it is still running very slow and weird. Every time I go to sit down and write, something happens to my computer and I have to shut it down. I guess I will have to cave and get a new one. It just seems so wasteful. Like every other time, this time was no exception. I had to shut down my computer and almost gave up on trying to write something today.
Anyway.
I have been going on field trips with Jordyn's class for something called BEMP. We study the water levels of the Rio Grande, the debris that is collected in tubs on the ground, the rainfall etc. She loves having me along and I try to play nice with all the environmentalists. I believe in being good stewards over what we've been given so we can get along most of the time-and the rest- I bite my tongue.
I remember on the picture below we were convinced big foot had been through there. Sometimes collecting data is a dirty job and requires crawling under branches.
That flat tire happened on a Saturday. I was at an indexing conference -which was super cool. It was all about how to index all the slave records so that African Americans could finally be able to trace their ancestors. Anyway the rest of my family headed out to lunch and Nate thought there was enough air in the tire to make it over to the repair shop to get it fixed. It is super close to our house. Well, he was wrong and the kids got to learn how to change a tire. On my way home from the conference I swung by to check on the family, had a good laugh, took a few pictures, and went home to change out of my dress and get some food. I actually drove away and left them there. What? I always feel way too guilty for that, but I had recently changed a tire on Nate's car by myself while arguing with Jared, so I figured I didn't need to be involved this time. Nate could deal with trying to teach grumpy kids how to be responsible. Ahhhh, family bonding!
ps, as I look at the bumper sticker and where we are right now in the primary process........UGH! I'm not sure we survive this as a country. It's bad. Real bad! Maybe I can get a post in about that - when I'm willing to give myself a headache because of trying to figure out how to say what I feel while not offending anyone or getting heat for being (you fill in the blank with any nasty adjective). I guess now more than ever I need to write so that my children and their children know what this country used to by like (which was still far away from being what it once was).




No comments:
Post a Comment