Tuesday, June 3, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things

For my birthday this year I received a few of my favorite things, and sadly enough they all had to do with food. I thought about dedicating an entire post to my coconut crunch donuts but decided that people might start to wonder if I needed some professional help. Not that this is much better- I'm just in one of my silly moods. So, my sister-in-law, Laura brought me over these deliciously and highly addictive donuts. How well does she know me? For some reason these donuts have an effect on me that cannot be described. They are moist, coconutty, round pieces of pure taste bud pleasure! The only problem with them is that I find it nearly impossible to stop eating them until the entire box is gone. Sad, so very sad! :)
Next, it was Sunday and Fast Sunday at that on my birthday this year. Sometimes that ox is just really stuck in that Myer and you have no choice but to get him out. So Nate went and got me some Rudy's BBQ for dinner. Heaven! I dream about their beans and corn on the cob and brisket and turkey................Yum! Now putting this picture on here took some courage because from the looks of that midriff and thighs I really need to lay off of the donuts and the BBQ!
Last, but not least, my own personal German Chocolate cake because no one else in the family likes it. A little secret is that I actually would have preferred just some homemade cupcakes with the German choc frosting (coconut or pecan something?)in a can so that I could really slather it on. Now that's some good eats! I guess there is a bit of a coconut theme there which is kinda funny since I don't really care for plain coconut! Go figure.
There you have it, a few of my favorite things. Happy eating!

1 comment:

Shayla said...

Yeah, all of my favorite things would be food too. So sad. I've actually never tried those coconut crunch donuts before. I'm not a big coconut person, but those actually look kinda yummy. I think the kids would actually stay away from that snack, as well. Which could be good or bad. What a cute little birthday cake, where did he get one so small? Looks like a good birthday for you all around. :-)