Thursday at 11:55 pm while deep in REM sleep, I got an angry txt from my oldest:
When we took in the 2 kittens we already had Zazzles. There was no way I was becoming "one of those people" who had a kajillion cats. So, naturally they needed to be outdoor cats. Well, Zazzles got hit by a car in October and now Micah has gone missing.
The next morning I awoke to a lecture from Jared (as close to crying as he gets over mushy feelings) about the insanity of us keeping the cats outside when we are only getting them killed. Upon his instance we loaded up in the car and went driving around to look for him. I didn't tell the kids that the only thing we were looking for was his remains on the side of the road. It was unlikely that we were going to see him trolloping through the mesa and call him over to the car for a lift home. Our search was fruitless, so we are left to imagine what happened to him - the kid's theory is that someone found him and decided to keep him - we'll go with that.
And then there was one. Because of our cat killing track record, I caved and let Butterscotch be an indoor cat. We have concluded that he hatched an evil plan to get rid of the other 2 so he could live indoors. Butter has taken to crying a lot though and staring out the window. I think he is still calling to his brother. How sad is that? He is the calmest cat of the 3 so I guess that's a plus. I just pray that he sticks around for a bit because I'm not sure how much more pet death the kids can handle.
Speaking of death…..I am seriously bummed that my favorite addiction will no longer be available to me. What a world, what a world! It is totally making me super sad.
OK, something that has nothing to do with death but I'm throwing it in anyway. Today is Ethan's 11th birthday. On my way home from the temple this morning I decided to stop in a new cupcake place to get some for his birthday. Hopefully they are good, but few know how to make a good cupcake so my expectations aren't too high but my fingers are crossed.
When I asked Ethan what kind of dessert he wanted he said he wanted apple pie. Jared was on the ready with a joke "stick candles in a cake and it's a birthday cake, stick candles in a pie and grandma's drunk in the kitchen." I forget who says that joke, but it is someone and it is seriously funny! I showed Ethan a picture of the cupcakes when I took a special lunch to him at school this afternoon and asked if he still wanted the pie and if he wanted me to make it or buy it…..as you can see from the below pic…I made him an apple crisp….with my canned apple pie filling….I'm getting frighteningly low on it and I'm gonna need to can some more soon!
Since I'm doing unrelated things…..I had 2 yw to buy birthday gifts for yesterday and so we got to enjoy some ice-cream as well because- well- I was already there getting it for the girls- so of course we needed some too. Nate knows that one of my pet peeves is when he sticks his spoon directly into the container of ice cream. I caught him in the process and begged him to get another spoon. Well, he did... and then he had 2 spoons that he ate out of the carton with!



No comments:
Post a Comment