What does it look like cramming 7 people into a car for a 7 hour drive?
This! Everyone survived in tact, so we're calling it a successful road trip! Jared cannot be separated from his laptop for any length of time so he was seated right next to a plug to keep charged up for the duration.
Dad did some research to find something fun for us to do while we were in AZ. He's still not sure how he found this ostrich farm or why Heavenly Father was looking down on Ethan so fondly to make this expedition happen. As you can see by Jared's posture he thought this was the dumbest waste of time we could ever do and, no matter what, he was determined to not have fun at a "lame farm." (I told him that if there were a Dr Who convention I would have forced everyone to go to that with him) Emma wasn't exactly sold on the idea either, mostly because it was an hour drive, but as you can see…the fun began right away for her.
I gave Ethan his very own collage because, look at the amount of joy that it is on that kids face. I thought he was going to explode from excitement. If an ostrich would have dealt a deathly kick to the face and killed him, he would have died the happiest kid ever and with love in his heart for that ostrich. He thoroughly enjoyed everything there was to do on the farm which made it all the more enjoyable for me.
The ostriches did prove to be feisty little/big things. If you weren't careful you about got your hand taken off by them. They can reach a lot farther than you think and so you've got to watch out. I'm pretty sure we all got bit.
ok, so there are seriously a TON of pictures. Sorry, I hate choosing and believe me when I say, there are lots more that aren't here. We fed donkeys, goats, baby goats, ostriches, ducks and birds. We even went on a "monster truck ride." It was a tour with a tiny bit of semi action. nothing to write home about, but the lady was entertaining and had some fun facts for us. I was not enjoying the dirt bath we received, especially since it was day 1 hair- no bueno.
Aside from feeding the goats mouth to mouth and almost loosing hands by the ostriches, the birds were next on the list of entertaining. We all had some pretty hilarious facial expression as we got attacked by birds. We didn't even get the lids taken off the little food cups before we were descended upon. Those little beaks can work a lid off like nobody's business. It was crazy. Jordyn even got pooped on. Good times!
I would also like to point out that Jared did in fact, enjoy himself. I mean seriously, how could you not? I don't care who you are, that was fun right there!






No comments:
Post a Comment