Here she is. My 18 year old daughter! A couple of years ago while on a vacation with the hubs, I brought her back some pretty chopsticks. She has been using them all the time and a couple of weeks ago one of them broke. It was a sad day. I was surprised when a new pair didn't make the birthday list. Yay, there would be one surprise. I couldn't decide which set to get for her so I bought her both. She loved them.
Ethan became very jealous of the chopsticks because him and his friend use the free ones from the restaurant to eat their noodles with. Every time this friend comes over they eat large quantities of noodles with chopsticks. This picture was the first time and Ethan's lesson on how to use them properly.
Back to the birthday girl. She had a very simple birthday list. Her phone was broken so she wanted a new one and she wanted a floppy hat for the cruise that we are going on and she wanted a big "church bag" so that she was ready to get a calling teaching in primary - she's 18 now and done with YW. She also needed a new hairdryer. Easy peasy list.
For my public social media shout out I put the below photo collage on there saying this:
Happy 18th Birthday to my MJ. It seems like just yesterday that we were trying to figure out how to be parents for the very first time (we’re still trying to figure it out). I’ll never forget the feelings I had when I first laid eyes on you and how you stole your dad’s heart from the very first moment you arrived (there’s nothing more attractive than a man who loves his children). It’s been an amazing journey. Love you!
Putting old picture of myself out there for the world to see is no easy thing. I just show them to Nate laugh and say "you married this!" I definitely had some questionable taste in hairstyles and clothing and he was there through it all always telling me how beautiful I was. I won the eternal companion lottery with that guy!
In addition to Emma's birthday on the 13th, it was also our 21st wedding anniversary. CRAZY! We had to go out for a drive in my favorite car of all time. The second picture was from when we turned it in last night. It was a gloomy day to match my gloomy mood.
Back to the anniversary. I decided that since I was outing myself for the tragic clothing choices of my youth, I would just go all out and post some gems from when Nate and I were first married. Here's what I wrote on social media:
Happy 21st anniversary to my best friend. I love the "mom jeans" that we all thought looked attractive in the early 90's and my birkenstocks with socks. Nate's sisters were always grossed out by our PDA - what's funny is that now it's our kids that are always grossed out. What can we say? We like each other a lot :0)
I think perhaps the funniest thing about the photo is what Nate asked me when he got home. "What does pda mean?" Has he been living under a rock? Just incase this is being read somewhere in the far far future and you don't know either, it means public displays of affection.
Every single day (at least it seems it) Nate says "I'm the luckiest man alive!" I feel like I'm the luckiest girl. So many marriages have major problems and there are a lot of girls married to losers and I seriously just don't know how I got so lucky. Especially considering my track record up to Nate. It could have gone so seriously wrong, but for some reason I was saved from myself and my poor choices in men. What better way to celebrate the love we still have for each other than by doing a reenactment photo of that lovey dovey newlywed photo.
Of course I posted it online:
Reenactment photo..I wasn't about to put too much effort into it by tracking down some mom jeans and an oversized t-shirt.
Nate couldn't figure out why he was standing like he was other than he was trying to make himself look taller. I think he was just trying to get away from me and I was holding onto him like I was never going to let go :)






No comments:
Post a Comment