I am officially on my adventure. Nate and I laughed about my jump into deep water without looking for sharks approach to life. I was getting nervous about what I had gotten myself into. I guess I'm more fearless than I think I am. Nate is always telling me I am, but I guess I just don't believe him. My first leg of the flight I was on a commuter plane and in the very last seat that doesn't recline. Talk about painful. My flight left at 6:50 this morning so I was tired and wanted to sleep, but my head kept bobbing around. The flight attendant also smacked me in the face with the trash bag, super fun. While I was standing and waiting my turn to deplane this little baby girl kept smiling and laughing and talking to me. Her mom finally turned around to see what her daughter was enjoying so much. Now I'm sitting in the O'Hara airport eating a nice slow lunch in the macaroni grill to try and eat up some of my 3 hour lay over. Coolest thing was using the bathroom and they have automatic seat covers. That deserves an "it's about time" award.
While I was sitting in the airport for my layover I decided to send a quote that I found while reading a book. I thought of sending it to one friend at first but then realized that it was actually someone else that needed the quote. Here it is:
"I wish to encourage every one of us regarding the opposition that so often comes after enlightens decisions have been made, after moments of revelation and conviction have given us peace and assurance we thought we would never lose.
Don't panic and retreat. Don't lose confidence. Don't forget how you once felt. Don't distrust the experience you had. That tenacity is what saved Moses and Joseph smith when the adversary confronted them, and it is what will save you.
With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don't give up when the pressure mounts." Jeffery R Holland
I had been discussing fleece moments on a visit I had with her and it was something that she really needed to hear. It wasn't the visiting teaching message, but it was something that had been on my mind so I shared it with her. Her and her husband recently put their house on the market in hopes of selling so that they could go on a mission.They felt good about the decision, but were struggling now that it wasn't looking good for being able to sell the house. She was starting to doubt the revelation. The talk about asking for fleece was especially needed and so she decided to ask the Lord for one and not have to feel bad about doing so. So, here I come with the quote about not retreating on illumination that had been received and she said that it was an answer to prayer. I love how the Lord uses us to bless the lives of people around us. I love that we get to be a part of miracles. I love that he answered her prayer.
My second leg of the flight was better in that my seat reclined. I was sitting in the middle seat and it took awhile for us to take off, so once again I found myself sitting in the extreme upright position falling asleep. I jerked forward and provided my set mates with some entertainment. We arrived a little late with the take off delay so my Dad was already texting and calling to find out where I was since he had already arrived and was ready to go. I told him what airline and baggage carousel I was scheduled to be at not knowing that we were in 2 different buildings. This ended up creating some comedy and stress as I tried to guide my dad who has no experience with airports and what any letters and numbers mean, to me. I finally got him to me and called Donna to tell her where we were and that we were ready to be picked up. Chris answered the phone and within a minute him and his Dad Joey were to us. Joey had to use the bathroom and a security guard wasn't pleased with our lack of departing the pick up area. We enjoyed a nice 2 hour drive getting to know them and talk about our plans for while we were here. We went straight to aunt Barbara's house where Donna and Mark (her youngest son) were waiting with dinner for us. The conversation was immediately easy and fun and we had a great time. When dinner was over old pictures came out and I was off to using my hand scanner that Nate got for me. We celebrated my Dad's birthday with a cake Chris made that he wasn't pleased with because it had melted and slid around, but it was still delicious. Then my dad got some gifts, tasty cakes, special bologna, an old Allentown picture book and a iron pigs hat. I remembered that I had purchased a Bob Ross t-shirt for him so I got that out and we took a picture. My dad wanted me to post it on FB so that Brandon would be jealous. It worked, he was jealous and countered that by sending a picture of him dressed up as Bob Ross for Halloween. We got to bed close to midnight and had plans for leaving the house at 9 am for our next adventure.


No comments:
Post a Comment