Thursday, September 24, 2009
The 2nd most wonderful time of the year
Nate and I try to have a lunch date once a week. For this date I usually dress fairly nice because I would if we were dating, but yesterday for our date I was in a comfy cozy mood so jeans and a hoodie is what he got. Now, I did wear his most favorite pair of jeans, so it's not like I totally didn't try.... :) When he saw me he said "uh oh, Heathie's favorite time of the year must be here, she finally gets to wear her hoodies." Apparently I am pretty predictable. lol I do love the hoodie. I mean who doesn't?? I do get the form fitting ones so that I don't look like a rag-a-muffin, so again, I am trying. I seriously have to stop myself from buying more hoodies because I already own 5, but they just seem to keep calling my name and there are many varieties, thicknesses and colors. Who could blame me? The most wonderful thing about a hoodie is that it adds just the right amount of warmth and the fabric is the most snuggly you can wear in public without looking like you are going to bed. You can either have it zipped or unzipped depending on the level of coziness you are trying to achieve. You can also either put your hands up inside the sleeves or there are nice little hand warmer/chap stick keeper pockets in the front. One of the best all time features is the hood itself. It also has a duel purpose. For those extra breezy days you can cover your ears and keep them toasty warm or the hood also acts as an "invisibility shield" for those days when you want to warn people not to talk to you. So, now that the weather is getting pretty cold in the mornings and a bit cool in the afternoons, you are pretty likely to see me in one of my wonderfully comfy, cozy hoodies - possibly listening to my favorite new album that almost asks for you to be wearing a hoodie to listen to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So wait... what's the new album that you're listing to?
Love me a soft, comfy hoodie. We just bought new ones for me, Nate and Natalie. I'm still trying to find the *perfect* one for Kenzie. She had a cute brown one with horses on it last year...this year she wants a blue one with dogs on it. She has the most completely impossible requests, but she LOVES her hoodies more than all of us, I think. I got the softest red one from Target this year. I love the warm, red color...I couldn't resist.
It is Mat Kearney, City of Black and White. I love the whole album, not a bad song on there and the more you listen to it the more you like it...especially if wearing a hoodie ;)
Post a Comment