Last Thursday I got a call from my Sister-in-law asking if we would please watch their beloved Jazzy while they were on vacation. Someone else had backed out of the sitting duties so over to my house this little dog came for a week long visit. Up until this point this dog has hated pretty much our entire family, maybe it has something to do with our calling her a rat. She really does look like a rat though- in our defense! The first day with her she really wanted to have nothing to do with me until Nate came home from work and chased her around the house and she jumped into my lap violently shaking and was my little BFF from that point on. While we had her we came up with a new nickname for her. What do you think.....Master Splinter?

Turtles in a half-shell, turtle power! I don't know about you, but I see a striking resemblance!

On the other hand, her actions were more the "Evil Shredder" from her handy work on not 1 but 2 of the doors in my house! It is pretty much a coin toss on either of the names although she really isn't that evil and splinter also works for what she did to the doors.

Jazzy had lots of fun playing with our boy, Champ. She is such a diva though and loved being a total tease to Champ. He wanted so desperately to play with her and she would for a second and then snip at him. She also loved eating out of his bowl of food which he kindly obliged her. We only had one incident where I had taken her to a church activity at a park while we played Ultimate Frisbee. I had a friend hold her leash so that I could go and play and she wiggled out of her harness and took off running. She also earned her name of Master S because of her ninja fast moves. It was pretty comical having that many people try to chase this little tiny rat around trying to catch her.

Ok, I'm going to tell you all a little secret, but don't tell anyone!!! Jazzy's family came to pick her up last night and a very strange thing happened........ I kinda miss my little BFF. She went with me and the kids to the bus stops everyday. She went for a couple of rides in the car. She followed me everywhere in the house. I couldn't as much as flinch without her getting ready to potentially follow me to the next destination. I even.... actually..... let.....her on my bed! I know! Craziness! She got locked in the laundry room at night for bedtime (where she shredded the door) but while I showered, folded laundry or read at night, she laid on our bed much to Nate's utter disapproval. The house seems awfully quiet without her..... little feet pit pattering around, always sitting next to me, laughing at her little dog syndrome as she growled at literally every person we came in contact with, spastic jumping all over the place when I would come back home and even her totally annoying snippy little bark.......
1 comment:
Oh Heath... I'm making a major preditction here... within the year you'll be getting yourself a little rat dog of your own... mark my words! LOL :-)
Post a Comment