Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sometimes You've Just Gotta Laugh

Nate kicked me off the office computer so I am typing this in true computer geek fashion, from my bed on the laptop. I am also having a bit of difficulty typing with my very injured finger- I realized that trying to sharpen a knife at 6 in the morning wasn't such a good idea and I hit bone and let me tell ya it feels very bruised...... On to my little tale of laughter...

Saturday is a special day.... I woke up barely able to move my neck - ouch and not the best way to start off the day. Then Nate took off at 7 am to go and sight in his scope so he was ready for his hunting trip next week. While he was gone the kids and I cleaned the house and there was much weeping and wailing, but we persevered and got the job done. When Nate got home we went to lunch and then had to drop him off at the hospital so he could round on a patient- so we decided to go get some Halloween costumes while we waited. The fountain of tears began to flow yet again because Ethan wanted the same costume as Jared and J gets very annoyed with this. Jared finally caved and let Ethan get the same costume only to discover that they didn't even have his size. Well this didn't go over well and I'm sure Ethan got some speech about how I couldn't magically make his size appear. After crying all over the store (not the tantrum kind of cry but the my life couldn't suck any worse kind of dejected cry) about how there was nothing there that he liked or that was his size. I offered up going to another store after we picked up Daddy which he thought was a bad idea because this other store would surely have lame costumes. Jordyn was also having a difficult time because she only wanted a vampire girl costume and we couldn't find one, but after looking at every costume 5 times we finally decided on this cute pink bat girl costume -which Nathan thinks is hoochie. I give up! lol Emma and Jared thought that they had some kind of unlimited budget to work with so by the time we bought our stuff and went to pick up Daddy, I was so over this day! Your brain so starts to hurt when you are fiercely negotiating with 4 kids! One last stop though.... by this time everyone was in a bad mood and Ethan wasn't having a lot of luck finding a costume, however I found a costume that was just begging to be put on and we all needed a good laugh by this point. So....

I couldn't just stop with trying it on, I had to do a little hot dog dance to go with it and Nate had to document my nuttiness so he took a couple of pictures with his cell phone.

The kids thought it was pretty funny and we all had a good laugh-- although, they wouldn't let me put on the banana costume next. :) We were able to finish up our trip with costume in hand for the Edog and get home just in time for our new neighbors to come over and hang out with us. So, when your day is going from bad to worse and pretty soon all the crying that your kids are doing is going to make you start crying.......find a way to make yourself laugh and suddenly life's not so bad.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aw Heath... that is seriously something I would've loved to have seen. Next time, make them let you try on the banana costume too.

Shayla said...

Seriously, I'm feeling gipped that I don't get to see the banana costume. That hot dog costume is one HOT number, huh?! :-) So what costumes did everyone else decide on, the people need to know.

Heath said...

lol- Emma and Jared are both gangsters with pinstriped suits and fedoras and they purchased their own Tommy guns and Emma just had to buy some fake cigarettes (nice) Ethan is a magician and Jordy is some type of bat girl, but it looks more like a cheerleader with bat wings.

Hillary said...

Okay, seeing your picture just made my day!