Sunday, November 9, 2008

Beauty Does Have A Price!

This past week the kids had Monday and Tuesday off for parent/teacher conferences so the cousins had a sleep over. Morgan and Jordyn decided that they needed some make-up on and also decided that putting it on in her room over the carpet and her upholstered bench seemed like the most logical place for the application process. When they were finished beautifying themselves they pranced down the stairs to show off their skills. Wow! When I saw the mounds of sparkly and very powdery substance on their faces I immediately thought, "oh crap where were they when they applied this?"
Morgan has a wee bit more talent when it comes to the make-up application than little Jordy does and she also knows how to work a camera!

Here is Jordyn sporting the raccoon look. I think she pulls it off remarkably well, don't ya think? Notice the shimmering lips to go with her sparkling eyes and fancy headband. A true work of art. :)
Here is the damage I found when I went into Jordyn's room. They had tried to clean up the damage before I entered and so instead of being able to possibly vacuum up all the dust it was smeared in with water. Lovely! Luckily they didn't try this approach on the carpet and I was able to vacuum up what was there and then I got out the spot remover and worked on the bench. Fun, fun, fun!

No comments: