It finally happened, my iPod nano died. I have had my sleek black friend for a couple of years now and the battery finally gave out because of daily use. On Saturday night while on a date with my hubby I was able to con--ah hem--talk him into buying me my shiny new electric blue nano. I was so happy to see that it is finally back to a decent shape and has a huge screen along with all kinds of other cool stuff. So, I thought I would try my hand at poetry(or something like it) to express my deep feelings of love for my friend. DISCLAIMER...I am most certainly not a poet and my only real reference is Dr. Seuss AND I am really, really bored right now AND looking for a way to entertain myself. So, with that said, here goes.....
My Nano Friend
My compact electric blue companion
I take you wherever I go
You are small shiny and cool
And you can sense my every mood
I listen to you while in the shower
You're with me when scrubbing toilets
While folding laundry and vacuuming the floor
I crawl under the covers and hold you close when I am feeling blue
I strap you on to keep the beat while toning and tightening
I plug you in to dance and run and fly around the house
You can connect me with people feeling the same as I
With one click of your dial I can express my emotions
I can escape my day and travel to another place with you
You are always there for me ready and waiting
I am not pleased with the flow and it could use a lot more work. I'll have to think about it some more and see what I can come up with. Hopefully it's not completely lame. I figure that if you're not willing to be lame every once in a while (or more often if you're me) then life will get pretty boring. I am open to a complete redo of my first try at poetry. Any suggestions? I bet Jenny could do an amazing job with it! I need to take as many people to the lame side with me as I can. :) Anyway, I really do have a pretty serious addiction to my iPod and I listen to it every single day. I guess you could say that my real addiction is music, but without the iPod I would have to inflict this addiction onto the rest of my family and with those earphones in, the rest of the world can just fade away.

2 comments:
So what exactly are you saying, Heath? That I'm SUPER lame and so I could do a good job with it? Huh? Well, you're probably right, but seriously, it's really just obsessive compulsive behavior. If I were to try and write a poem I would spend hours picking at it and then end up throwing it away in the end. Besides, you've got that creative side and I think your poem was SUPER COOL just the way it is! And for those of you who are reading this comment and haven't seen the new iPod... I can attest that it is very pretty. Fun to listen to AND to look at!
Okay, just have to say JEAL-OUS! I thought your poem was fun...not TOO super lame. :-) Now, take that old ipod of yours, wrap it up in a padded envelope and send it my way. I will figure out how to install a new battery (with the help of my geeky computer husband) and give it years of new love. No, seriously, I'm still using mom's clunky old ipod from about 7 years ago. It is sad, sad, sad. Sadder than the ones Ed gave his kids, sad enough that they probably can't give them away on Ebay for free. :-) It's just sad. Oh, and now we all need to see a picture of you with your new ipod rockin' out. :-)
Post a Comment