I was just out this afternoon while Jordyn was at preschool on my 2nd walk of the day with Champ. I was even bold enough to let him off the leash and see how he would do. He did fantastic. Every time he would get ahead he would turn around and wait for me and then take off again. How sweet is that. Even when he would find something intriguing in someones yard I could call him and he would come running. We were gone for about an hour just enjoying the beautiful blue sky and relatively warm weather. I was thinking how much I love where we live. I love that I can just let my dog take off and not worry about all the traffic and despite everything that has happened I love my house. When I get home I kick off my shoes and have a piece of well earned pie while Champ takes a nap at my feet. I could really get used to a life of dog walks and house cleaning. It's not so bad. Anyway, I go and get Jordyn from school and come home to an envelope on my front door. Oh great, perfectly Utopian day squashed like a pesky bug in seconds!
I don't even know where to begin. There is literally volumes I could say regarding the mess that is owning my house! I will try to condense and make very short this story to save myself from carpo tunnel and you from sheer boredom. Many, many problems with the house. Company going bankrupt. Carpenters no longer working for company. Still have things not done on house. Big things!!! Getting letters from vendors stating they haven't been paid and they are putting liens on our house. Can't get ahold of builder. We paid for the house already. We need a lawyer. I got my 4th such letter on my door when I came home from my walk. There are thousands and thousands of dollars that are owed to various vendors that we can now not get to come out and fix their work until they are paid and on top of that they put liens on our house. Sometimes I marvel at how just peachy my life seems to be at times!
So, I am looking for an infinite abyss to stand over and scream until my lounges give out and my voice goes hoarse and I am so worn out that I am in danger of falling in. Does anyone have one? Luckily I had the wisdom to stop at sonic on my way home for happy hour so I think I will take my marvelously large cherry coke into my closet and have a good cry.

2 comments:
When you find it, will you pick me up on your way there and we can go together? Maybe someone will forget we exist and we can just stay away until we feel all better? So sorry things are that awful with the house, it just isn't fair. If it makes you feel any better, I cried in my closet today. The sad thing is, I can't close the closet door when I cry in there...it's too small. :-) Love you Heath.
No, no infinite abyss over here. But I just returned home from a trip to Sonic and thought I'd invite myself to join you and Shayla. Everyone is sick (STILL) at our house. Even Rick has been home for 2 days now. My advise? Eat more pie. Lots of it.
Post a Comment