Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm Going to Burn This Outfit!

So, I'm not really sure how we started talking about age in the car while driving home from church this afternoon.  I think Emma and Jared were describing a teacher they have as being 80.  I was questioning their ability to calculate anyones age so I asked them how old I looked.  Well, you get what you ask for.  It wasn't pretty.
  "You look like a 60 year old real-estate agent in that outfit and with your frizzy hair." ~compliments from my 15 year old son.  
He went into this long drawn out explanation of old people wearing dull colors and my outfit was dull.  Luckily my daughter knew what was good for her and defended my outfit as being young and hip.  My hair was a frizzy mess.  It is the hair I was born with -thank you very much- I was feeling lazy today- when I'm feeling lazy I don't straighten or hot iron curl it.  He then talked about married people letting themselves go. 
 "Have I let myself go?"  
"I don't know, you have questionable shoe choices" ~Jdog  
Hello! I'm married to a foot dr, of course I have "questionable" shoe choices.
Even though Emma had been sticking up for me she did say that I looked 40, to which I gasped.  "Well, how old do you think you look, like 20! HA!"  ~MJ  
"Well, maybe mid 30's?"  
"OK, 39." ~Jdog
"I'm surprised you didn't say 39 1/2"
"39 3/4!"
I was feeling the love from my kids and thinking that I needed to go straight home and burn my outfit.  Jared backed that up by saying that girls always look for fashion advice from other girls and that they needed to start getting it from guys because that's who matters.  Well, there you have it!  I also found that when I curl my hair with a curling iron, that is the only way I don't look super old.  Good to know. PS, husband was out of town, so he wasn't there to defend my honor!
 As if my fashion and hair choices weren't enough to convince anyone that I am super old, maybe my hobbies would.  So I've gone all whackado hippie and I order fruits and vegetables from a farm co-op.  This week they had apples.  
I ordered 2 boxes.
They are 40lbs each.
Now I have to can all of those!  
What have I done?
But hey, look where they're from.  Awesomness.  The kids can't figure out why a box of apples says trout to which I had to explain to them.  It made my day to get a little piece of my home state.  
 And for no reason other than to convince everyone that my son is just as whackado as his mother, he found this car enjoyable and took a picture of it.  
When we started making dinner tonight the conversation was still going on about how old and weird I am.  Ethan was now defending me, saying I was beautiful and awesome etc- until I started making my new favorite 2 ingredient pancakes.  I had the banana and 2 eggs in a bowl and he looked at it and said, "well, now you are making me question your choices, you may be weird after all."  Thanks buddy, you have now officially been removed from your #1 ranking of favorite child!

No comments: