Saturday, June 7, 2014

There's a rip in our household universe

A couple of nights ago we rented a bunch of movies from the little red magical box.  I told the 2 oldest to start a movie and I would join them when Nate and I returned from picking up the littles.  When we arrived home Emma and Jared were each in separate rooms watching different movies.  Nate, who is not used to the strange happenings of our house on a regular basis, was totally thrown by what he witnessed.  Emma was in the theater watching Red 2 and Jared was in the family room watching Romeo and Juliet.  All he could say was, "that's messed up."  It just made me laugh.  Now the question is, which movie did I watch?  OK, that should be totally easy.  Ethan joined us as well.  It was my 2 boys and me watching a chick flick together and Emma remained by herself (Nate rarely sits down long enough to watch a movie and Jordyn was off doing her own thing).  Jared claimed it was to witness the accuracy of the movie -since he read the play for AP English in 8th grade.  It's good training for them and their future dating lives :0)  The next day when I went to watch Great Expectations, Jared declined - I guess he had enough chickness for 1 week - although he claimed that he wasn't a big Dickens fan because he was too dark and twisted - like Shakespeare isn't, but I get it.  Dickens takes dark to the next level, which is why it's so good.

No comments: