Monday, August 26, 2013

Work is the Balm to my Soul

Last week my lovely State decided that business owners were not allowed religious freedom concerning whom they would and would not photograph for weddings.  It is now illegal for a cake shop or wedding photography business or any business to turn down an offer for contract from a same gender couple based on your religious beliefs.  This was based on existing law concerning discrimination of an individual.  This has far reaching consequences that no one seems to be concerned with.  Since when do we force people to do anything (silly question we already do with health care and taxes).  Why would you want someone to capture the moments of your ceremony that didn't believe in what they were doing?  Do you think they will turn out?  Does this open the door to being sued on quality of product if your photos don't turn out just spectacular?  Can you find out that your photographer supports legislation protecting the family and decide that because your pictures or cake isn't up to your standard it must be because of discrimination?  (just look at the "tolerance crowd" making a huge fuss about not seeing Enders Game because of Card's support of the family.  The 2nd and 3rd search results are homophobe and bigot) Will anyone want to do business with anyone anymore?  Should we now take down all signs that say "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."  or "no shirt, no shoes, no service"  Those are discriminating!  We are legislating away our ability to offend anyone.  The problem with that is where is the compass used to determine what is offensive?  It certainly isn't God's laws.  It's man's.  Which means it's up for interpretation and the winds of change.  It can also be contradictory.  You can't say anything derogatory about Muslims but you can say all you want about Christians.

Our world is upside down.

What can I do to not drown in this cesspool of immorality and social anarchy?

I can take out my blowtorch and kill some weeds!  I bet when Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden of Eden, and for the first time had weeds to torment them, they would have loved to have a nice blowtorch.  I'm sure I looked like a crazy person because I had my headphones on listening to a comedy channel and laughing out loud while wielding a torch in my front yard.

I may or may not have also set fire to a grass bush.  The hose may or may not have been turned on to put out the supposed fire that may or may not have started......don't tell my husband, he will never let me play with the torch ever again.  I was too lazy to bend down and pull the weeds under the bush so I thought I could just ever so gently torch the weeds under it without catching everything else on fire.  Not so.  Let that be a lesson to you..... which I'm sure I could easily turn back into an analogy about this stupid totalitarian ruling here in my lovely weed infested state.

I think I better go torch some more weeds....unless that is discriminating against weeds.....or making a crack in the universe or ozone layer......I need a bit more hard work to get the effect on my soul I was hoping for  :0)

No comments: