Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cowgirl Jordy

Jordyn also had a choir performance for Christmas.  It was called The Hoedown.  One of my favorite songs that they sang was Grandma's feather bed.  They also did the Grinch which is of course Jordyn's favorite song.  It was super cute with all the decorated cowboy hats.  This is also a story of how Jordyn almost didn't have a costume!  So I had a paper from the teacher talking about what was needed and when and somehow in my mind she didn't need the hat until Wed and this was Tues.  When I droped her off early at school for a rehearsal we saw lots of kids walking in with their hats on.  I turned to her and told her not to worry that they were probably just excited to have the hats, but didn't need them until the next day.   After I dropped her off I went to my  Tuesdays  Temple day and my phone is left in the car.  When I got out to the car there was a sad little message on my phone that Jordyn needed her decorated hat and choir shirt.  I was stupefied.  How is my brain this broken?  I quickly called my son who stays home to do school and asked him to read me the paper again over the phone.  Sure enough today was the day for the hat and I had an hour to get it to her.  I jetted on home and stopped at the dollar store where I knew there would be a hat and some decorations.  I raced home and whipped out my trusty glue gun.  Bedazzled the heck out of the cowboy hat.  Ironed her shirt at lightning speed and even managed to find a handkerchief all in 5 minutes.  I bolted out the door and headed for the school and raced down to her class room.  I got a shame on you for being a bad mother look from her teacher with a "she was really worried you weren't going to come with her things" scolding.  My poor baby girl was probably stressed out for 3 hours wondering if her looser of a Mom was going to come through.  The teacher wouldn't let me take her to the bathroom to change saying that she could change at recess which was directly before the performance.  When Jordyn got home from school her brother asked her where the hat had come from and I told him.  He couldn't believe that I had made the hat in the short amount of time I had been home.  Yep, desperate times call for desperate and quick measures.  The parent performance was the next night on Wed and no one knew that the day before for the school performance my sweetie pie almost didn't have a costume. Yea, I managed to beat off being a flake mom another day.  :0)

No comments: