Monday, April 28, 2014

A Family That Grooms or Plays Together....

We had a weekend full of pimple extracting and hair coloring and cutting.  We had to do my niece Megan's hair 2x.  She didn't like the blue/black we applied first.  We went back over it and made it just good ole black/black.  

As far as the blackhead removing strips that were industrial strength.  I think I lost some skin off my nose while trying to remove it.  My eyes were watering so bad while trying to remove it....some of the water was probably tears from the pain.  It was so much fun seeing the long tubular grease forest on the strip after though.  The things we do for fun... 
 We also tapped into our creative juices.  I started working on making 30 super hero masks and the kids recycled a project board to make a bank teller window for their game of monopoly.  The positives of having no furniture in a room is that there is plenty of room to spread out and play.  
I really should go and work on those masks...too bad I don't have a green one to channel my inner hulk while I'm sewing....maybe I'll just wear the batman one instead ;0) 
ps, our ward was assigned the value color yellow while up at girls camp -which stands for good works. We will be saving the camp one good deed at a time.  Also....the theme is "come unto Christ."  We came up with the super hero theme as our own take on the overall theme.  It will be the basis of our flag, skit, t-shirts, cheer etc that distinguishes us from the rest of the wards.  What better way to 'come unto Christ' than anonymous acts of service....pretty perfect, eh?

No comments: