Are you starting to think I'm weird? It's ok, I've embraced it. We went to a much nicer cemetery this time. I knew there was grass, so....I still didn't wear a pair of sensible shoes.
This a very new cemetery, although the very nice gentleman that was helping us said that it wasn't. "We've got graves back into the early 70's." Yep, mister that is new! The 70's (1970's) weren't that long ago. I can't remember the context but he looked at me and waved his hand saying "you're a young one." I could have kissed him. It's all about perspective. A couple weeks ago I was being called an old lady and yesterday I was back to being young!
We learned a valuable piece of information on this trip. When the cemetery is maintained and you wish to inquire about the location of some graves, it is polite and kind to call or email ahead so it gives them time to look up the information for you. He was a smart business man and knew that one day we would need to be buried so he helped us anyway....we left with his business card.
Those big walls of names are memorial walls for those who have been cremated. One of the ladies we were looking for should have been on 1 of the 5 walls but all we could find was a man born around the same time and died within a few years of her. We took a picture of that just in case it was her husband.
We were able to find the other 2 with the very nice gentleman's help. He also was fascinated by the recent surge in people asking to find graves to take pictures. He called it a recent phenomenon. He also told us that if we were really interested in genealogy we should check into this church in SL that has the biggest most extensive library...... we smiled and told him we knew it well.
I felt different this time while we were wondering around. There were many men and women that had died in their 30's and 40's. I had this terrible sadness while we were there. I told you, I'm weird. My husband teased me that it was because I was now adding Ghost Whisperer to my many talents.
Later that day I got this txt from my friend "The Virginia lady that we could not find she emailed me and thanked us for the beautiful picture of the garden and rose. Also an other lady emailed and said we made her day. Great job I hope u smile now. No sadness just joy."
We also found out that the man that we found was indeed the missing lady, Virginia's husband. So there you go. Doing good and bringing joy one person at a time.....well in this case 2 at a time.
No idea what all the sadness was about, but me and death have a weird relationship.....and for good reason.


No comments:
Post a Comment