This was the best day ever! Ok, so I know I say that a lot, but I mean it when I say it, it just happens frequently. :0)
As I mentioned earlier, we woke up early this morning and went to see the balloons up close and in person.
My friend had 2 male family names that she needed baptisms for. She doesn't have a son old enough to do the baptism and needed them done before her family gets to town to do the rest of the work. We were happy for the chance to go. Jared and I had a nice little temple date. I think I may have mentioned this before, but our temple is open from 1-5 every Friday to accommodate anyone that wants to just show up and do baptisms and confirmations. It is fully staffed and ready to go. Pretty awesome for our small temple.
I'm noticing 2 things about the picture with me and Jared. First, it's obvious where the kids gets his nose. Second, I'm wearing some pretty big heels and he is looking taller than me. Now there is picture proof that he's taller. I've been in denial and coming up with uneven surfaces for excuses, it's time to embrace the truth.
Our last stop on the best day ever tour was an Eagle Court of Honor....or whatever it's called. I'm not up on all my male stuff lingo. It was the first one for our troop (we became a new ward/troop a year or so ago) and it was a surprise to his Dad. He got it just a couple days before the deadline and wanted to keep it a secret from his dad. It was so great to be there to support him....and to see the surprise on his dads face....and take notes for when I will be doing this with Jared in November. ....at least I better be...he's still has some loose ends to tie up. The line of men is called the "Eagles Nest" for all the men there who have earned their Eagle. It's nice to be surrounded by people who still value perfecting ones self, rising to your potential and working hard/ doing hard things.




No comments:
Post a Comment